Audrey, Wait! by Robin Benway
First impression: Literally dusting the cover off
Last impression: That was cute
Format: Paperback / 329 pages
Publishing Info: April 2nd 2009 / Goodreads
Other books read by author: None
California high school student Audrey Cuttler dumps self-involved Evan, the lead singer of a little band called The Do-Gooders. Evan writes, “Audrey, Wait!” a break-up song that’s so good it rockets up the billboard charts. And Audrey is suddenly famous!
Now rabid fans are invading her school. People is running articles about her arm-warmers. The lead singer of the Lolitas wants her as his muse. (And the Internet is documenting her every move!) Audrey can’t hang out with her best friend or get with her new crush without being mobbed by fans and paparazzi.
Take a wild ride with Audrey as she makes headlines, has outrageous amounts of fun, confronts her ex on MTV, and gets the chance to show the world who she really is.
Review: In the simplest terms: this book made me smile and I enjoyed it. I wasn’t ever REALLY itching to read it though. Lately, the books I’ve been reading have been addicting and I would try to carve out as much time as possible to read. This one wasn’t exactly the same way and it took me too long to read.
Things I liked:
- It was really cute. I liked the general plot and the way it progressed.
- There were a few LOL moments.
- The characters were fun and EXTREMELY well developed.
Things I didn’t like:
- The humor felt forced at times. I wanted to roll my eyes at some of the jokes/conversations.
- While there were a lot of things that happened, it also kind of felt like nothing was really happening… if that makes sense.
- The description of the book lists something that doesn’t happen until literally one of the last chapters. I kept waiting for it the entire book and it almost felt like the description had a spoiler for the “big event” at the end.
Overall, the book didn’t WOW me but it also didn’t exactly disappoint me. I liked it and am glad I read it.